Not only is LONTAR eligible for Best Magazine, but the stories we originally published in 2014 are also eligible as write-ins for Best Short Story:
From Issue #2
- “The Tiger in the Forest Between Two Worlds” by E.C. Myers
- “What Is Being Erased” Tiffany Tsao
- “Entanglement” by Victor Fernando R. Ocampo
- “The Floating Market” by Eliza Chan
From Issue #3
- “Setting Up Home” by Sabrina Huang (trans. Jeremy Tiang)
- “Resort Time” by Ben Slater
- “Mother’s Day” by JY Yang
- “An Unexpected Stop” by Nikki Alfar
“The Apartment” by John Burdett from issue #2 is also eligible in the Best Novelette category.
Likewise, I am eligible for Best Editor, and Math Paper Press and Epigram Books are both eligible for Best Book Publisher, but the priority here is to shine the light on our contributors and their fantastic works of fiction.
Both issue #2 and issue #3 are now available in ebook format from Weightless Books (and #1 and #2 are bundled for free when you buy #3, this week only). Please consider picking up the issues and then giving the stories some love. (Poetry, reprinted fiction, and nonfiction is not eligible, but you should read them too!)
The deadline for voting is 15 April, less than a month from now, so if you’ve enjoyed what we’ve been doing here at LONTAR, please take some time and vote accordingly. Thank you!